Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 16

I have finally completed one of these challenges in time to submit it! I love Karen's sketches and have used them quite a bit, but this is a first!

Here's what she came up with this week:

And here's my offering:

I was a little thrown by the gap in the square border intially as don't have nestabilities or anything like that, but I think my alternative worked well.

I pulled out Garden Whimsy for this one - I do like those butterflies. I stamped the butterfly in Regal Rose, then rock'n'rolled it in Rose Red and added a bit of sparkle with Dazzling Diamonds. This was attached with dimensionals onto Whisper White that had been stamped with the tiny labybirds in second generation Regal Rose. The DSP is Hand Drawn from the Level 3 Hostess Set Hand Drawn Bundle - I fussy cut the little flowers in the corners and used the white gel pen in the centres. The felt flowers in the corner are from Flower Fusion Accents and Elements, held together with a silver brad.

Thanks for another great sketch Karen.

1 comment:

Karen Giron said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card and I love the word window punch with your sentiment! It works perfectly.