Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rustic Colours

Makeesha's latest colour challenge immediately made me think of the Outlaw DSP from last year's catalogue (and I know I'm not alone in that thought!). I have actually used these colours a little bit in previous projects this year, but included Creamy Caramel (mmmmm... caramel...)


I decided to make a card for my Grandfather's upcoming birthday using these 4 colours, and the latest TECC sketch, just adjusted a little but to make it a bit more masculine.


The DSP is, of course, retired Outlaw, but gee it was a bit of a challenge to find what I wanted to use with no Creamy Caramel... I distressed the edges of the circle, and inked it with Chocolate Chip so it wasn't so 'stark'. I decided to tear the edges of cardstock instead of the scallops and in lieu of a flower, I made a 'halo' using the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, and used the star punch too. I inked the edges of the star with Chocolate Chip to keep with the 'distressy' theme and used letters from Short Order Alphabet for the 'greeting'. Some wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and a cast star brad from Styled Silver Hodgepodge added some interest to the vertical panel, and all was finished with a bit of piercing.

I am also in the process of making a never ending card for Mum in these colours, but don't think I'll get it done in time to photograph and post by tonight. Will try my best.

And here are the other projects I've made this year using the same colours and Creamy Caramel (all have been on here at some stage). My favourite would have to be the Kakadu page. Mind you, all the cards I've made with this scheme (except Mum's) have been for my grandfathers!! Think I need to stretch out a tad :-)





Thanks for the inspiration girls x

2 comments:

Louise ryan said...

Oooh I love your HB star card Natasha. Fantastic male card.

Keesh said...

OH WOW you have been busy! It is great you have showed some other work you have done recently with the colours! Love the Star card, Very masculine, and very rustic! LOve it! Thanks so much for playing! love Keesh x