Thursday, May 14, 2009

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #7

I'm so happy Makeesha has been able to put up a new challenge after recovering from Convention -I really do enjoy them, but fully understand the busy lives people lead and family always comes first.

This weeks challenge was a sketch:
My lovely cousin celebrated her 21st this week (and how sweet is she? She invited us to her party this weekend even though she knows we won't be able to make it). The theme of her party is red, white and black so I really wanted to make a card to suit.

I added a little bit of Certainly Celery as well, which made a HUGE difference to the finished product. These funky flowers are from the very old set Buds and Blossoms which is actually one of the first sets I ever bought. I cut the little panels out of the larger flower and mounted it with a dimensional, and the pearls from the Pretties Kit (again) just added that finishing touch.

Happy Birthday Jaclyn!!

I've also been working on a scrapbook page with this sketch, but don't think I'll get it finished in time to submit...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow just lovely... love the colours and flowers...

Keesh said...

WOW Natasha, this card is fabulous! I love the contrast in colours with the flowers and cardstock! Glad you enjoy the challenges so much :) Thanks for playing, Love Keesh x

KimB said...

HI Natasha,

I love the strong colour contrasts in this card, those pearls and you were right the celery stems adds just the right touch!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my entry too.

Kim