Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge 6

When I saw Dawn's colours this week I really wasn't sure - I'm not a huge fan of Cameo Coral and I have a few other things to focus on so I'm going to have to let a few challenge entries slide this week... but I decided I could make it work.

Dawn's gorgeous inspiration this week was
Gotta love those ribbons, and I really do love this aqua - Cool Carribean would have been perfect, but I thought I'd give Baja Breeze a shot so I could use the card as a current sample too.
I've kept this one super simple. I kept on thinking the card needed something else but couldn't figure what, so took some advice from Karen at The Sweetest Thing - when you start fussing, the card is finished. I've used Three Little Words which I had to have as soon as I saw it. I clear embossed a chocolate chip 'T' before cutting it out and mounting it with dimensionals. I edged the main white panel with a bit of Cameo Coral pastel and ink and then mounted it on some Chocolate Chip. The flower behind 'i miss you' was second generation of Cameo Coral (there's another tulip for you!!) and the Hodgepodge Hardware is Styled Silver. I used the scallop edge punch on the bottom of the Baja Breeze panel, and added just a little bit Chocolate Chip grosgrain.
Something a little bit out of my comfort zone, and there's not shortage of loved ones this could be sent to at some stage.

3 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card. I love how you did the T.

Nerine .P. said...

This looks fantastic Natasha!!!

BethieJ said...

Very cute!! Great job on the challenge!!