Thursday, May 7, 2009

Catalogue Launch Projects

I held my launch for the new Idea Book & Catalogue a few weeks ago now, but hadn't got around to photographing the projects to share with you all. So here they finally are!


This little box was my thank you to the girls for attending.

I used Beate's Ghiradelli Box tutorial from SCS, but filled it with Easter eggs instead of Ghiradelli chocolates (which I'm sure are available in other places in Australia, but not here). I used the new set Greetings Eight for the tag, coloured in with Sage Shadow and Pretty in Pink markers. This was punched out using the tag punch. I added a bit of scalloping to the flap of the Sage Shadow box using the scallop edge punch and added a little bit of doodling with the markers to finish.


First up we made this Post-It note holder which I cased from one my sister stamper Nerine gave to me. It was quite straight forward using a simple colour scheme of Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. The stamped images come from Fresh Cuts and the 5 petal flower punch provided the larger flower. Sorry for the dodgy photo on this one.

Next we made this Mother's Day card. I didn't set out to use a heap of punches, but this one uses 4 different ones - round tab, scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle and 1 1/4" circle. I used a colour scheme of Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst and Very Vanilla, and used the rose and lavendar from the gorgeous new Level 2 Hostess set Echoes of Kindness. We coloured in the rose using Stampin' Write Markers, and stamped the sentiment from Occasional Greetings (thanks Sharon!) in Almost Amethyst. The peek-a-boo circle was created using the round tab punch - punching twice, with the second punch being perpendicular to the first to create the circle. A couple of pearls from the Prettes Kit (finally used them!!) provided the finishing touch. This one is heading to Mamma for Sunday.

Last but not least we made this ever so cute flower pot card. I first saw this on Makeesha's blog, who had found it on SCS. I love it!! I decided to use Really Rust for the pot to make it a terracotta one. I chose the colour scheme with the assistance of the colour coach; I've used Creamy Caramel, Tempting Turquoise, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip before and love it! This time I added some Old Olive for the leaves, which were just a 5 petal flower punch cut up. The flowers are from Eastern Blooms and a couple of the turquoise ones have been stamped off and had petals highlighted with a marker. Such a cute little card. I think this one will be a regular in my creations now.

Thanks for a great day girls. I look forward to doing something again soon.

No comments: