Friday, May 22, 2009

A Card for More than One Role

I found another colour challenge blog last week - Color Throwdown - and thought I'd give it a go. I missed last weeks deadline, but have made this one:

And it's purple!! I actually haven't pulled out Lavendar Lace for AGES so this was a bit of a challenge. I teamed it with Karen's latest sketch (which lucky for me she extended the submission date for this challenge) to make a card for Mum and Dad for the next time they look after Luana for me.




I finally used my It's a Loop Thing stamp set, which is in the Level 3 Hostess Hand Drawn bundle, along with the Hand Drawn DSP which I have also used. I had to think a bit about which 'thank you ' to use, and finally settled on the one from Heartfelt Thanks, stamped in Lavendar Lace, torn, mounted on distressed Elegant Eggplant and finished with a smidge of Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. I sponged the non-flower edges of the feature panel with Old Olive, and used my blender pens to colour in the two tone flower with Lavendar Lace before finishing with a silver brad.

When you're in need of a bit of inspiration, check out these two websites, they have some great ideas.

5 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Very cute! I really like how you continued the diagonal in the main panel - very nice!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute card! Those flowers are adorable! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Broni said...

Great way to combine challenges! That flower image is so cute and I love how you popped one up!! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown challenge with us!

Barbara said...

Great take on both challenges!! Love that layout! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

Debbie said...

I just went through a whole year of your blogs. I just LOVE your style! You are amazing with all your work, famly and stamping. Great to "get to know you". Debbie