Sunday, May 3, 2009

Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge 4

While I was blog-hopping the other night I came across Dawn McVey's blog. She has some gorgeous cards featured, and holds the Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge - I just had to play as I love raspberries!! Here's this weeks inspiration:

I just love this colour combo and hadn't yet had a chance to play with Baja Breeze, so thought I would use that as my soft aqua, as well as Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. I added one extra challenge by choosing these colours - I only have Baja Breeze cardstock, and some Hand Drawn DSP from the Level 3 Hostess Set....

I ended up making 2 cards (when I really should be finishing Mother's Day cards - I NEED to send them Tuesday at the latest).

This was my first one. I love the new set Upsy Daisy and thought it could work quite well with these colours. I used Weathered on the base card to add a bit of interest. I edged the centre Baja Breeze panel with Chocolate Chip ink, and added a greeting from Fresh Cuts mounted with Styled Silver Hodgpodge Hardware. Last but not least, I added alittle bit of white grosgrain ribbon. I think this could almost get away with being a male card, even though it has flowers on it....

I had also been mulling over using the elephant from Wild About You with this colour combo and this is what eventuated. I used the following sketch as inspiration:
I'm really sorry but I can't remember where I saved this from, so if it's you, please leave a comment and I'll add your details in. I used Hand Drawn DSP (I thought it looks a little reminiscent of elephant skin!!) as well as a greeting from Family Phrases and a little bit of white ribbon. I've just found out my bridesmaid is having a baby in October, so I guess that's been playing on my mind a bit!
Thanks for a gret challenge Dawn. I look forward to playing more often!


8 comments:

Cat said...

I love the cute elephant card with the DP and layout. It looks great!

Mara Campbell said...

Great cards, my fav is the elephant!!! Super cute!

Winter said...

So cute! Both are great! Glad you could join us in the challenge! Thanks for the sweet comment on my card too! :)

Winter said...

Both are great! Love the stamps!

~kelly marie~ said...

great cards! i love that elephant!

Mel Hanlon said...

Excellent, Tash! Oh, and I am glad you decided on the boat for KWerner challenge. I will be posting some photos soon from Convention!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both cards are great, but the elephant is so precious! Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Unknown said...

Love your elephant card, so cute. The dsp works really well.