Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

A very Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and mothers-to-be out there. I hope you have all spent the day in a way you wanted to, whether it be a bit of time out, or spending the whole day with your family. Traditionally, my family has spent Mother's Day together with my mother's mother (Mamma), but being up here that hasn't happened for a few years now.

This year though, my little family spent the weekend at the Douglas Hot Springs, which was a lot of fun.

Last weekend I was busy finishing Mother's Day cards to arrive in time for our Mothers down South (which I think they all did) but didn't want to post them just in case someone sneaked a peak at my blog! You've seen the card I sent my Mamma in a previous post, but here's the one I made for my Mum
using this sketch - once again, I'm sorry but I hadn't recorded where I saved this from in my blog hopping, so if it's you, please let me know and I'll give you credit where it's due.

For Mum's card I used the lovely new Patterns DSP in Garden Green, which is available as a Level 1 Hostess gift and paired it with Rose Red. The stamps are from Eastern Blooms and the greeting is from Wonderful Favourites, finished with some retired Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware and a little bit of scoring around the edge of the card base.


This is what I whipped up quickly for Paul's Mum, using mainly retired product. First time I've used the flowers from the Pretties Kit, and the blue pearls are from Kaisercraft.
And here are the cards Luana stamped for Mamma

Nanny and
Nana
Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards.
Happy Mothers Day. xx