Monday, May 3, 2010

More Mother's Day


I really wanted to make a Mother's Day card for Mum that featured green, as it's her favourite colour. My favourite colour is purple (in case you hadn't realised - I think Rich Razzleberry is my new favourite), so this weeks Colour Throwdown was perfect - it has both!! Teamed with yet another gorgeous sketch from Taylored Expressions, I am stoked with the result.


I played with putting brads in the centre of the flowers, but ended up leaving them off as it looked a bit 'heavy'. With the edging around the sentiment, I just snipped into the valleys of the eyelet border so it would fold a bit and guided it around the circle. I'm happy with the result!
Thank you ladies for helping me make such a special card for such a special woman.
Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Vintage Vogue (Autumn Winter Mini), All Year Cheer II (retired)
Card: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Whisper White
DSP: Cottage Garden (Autumn Winter Mini)
Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Barely Banana, Pale Plum
Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Corner Rounder Punch (non-SU), Circle Scissors Plus

No comments: