Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Couple of ColourQ Cards


There are always awesome colours to work with over at ColourQ, and this week Arielle has given an additional task of challenging a friend to play along as well, so I challenged my good friend Nerine to join in! I know she's been stamping and scrapping a bit lately, and I know I always find challenges great inspiration.

As we don't have Crushed Curry, I have substituted Summer Sun - I think it works better than Marigold Morning which I tried last time....
I wanted the flower to be THE focus of the card above so have kept everything else simple and understated. I did add a couple of rows of paper piercing to the top and the bottom of the Brilliant Blue base to tie in with the flower.
I almost wasn't going to post this card, but when I came back and looked at it again after a few hours I thought 'yeah, I do like it'... VERY simple, just a little bit of paper piecing. A wonderful friend found and sent me this Just Beakause stamp set for my birthday because I love toucans (I'm toucantash on SCS!) and was really disappointed I didn't get this set before it retired. This is the first time I have used it in a card - I've only inked it up once before but that toucan is in my UFO stash. Isn't that little toucan SO cute though?!
This card could suit for either a male or a female birthday - such versatile colours!
Thanks for visiting again!


Happy Birthday
Stamps: All Year Cheer II (retired), Friendly Flowers (retired)
Card: Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise
Other: Filigree Designer Brads, Certainly Celery Ribbon (retired), paper piercer


Birds of a Feather
Stamps: Just Beakause (retired)
Card: Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Brillant Blue, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Great job with the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Colour Q!

Mary Brown said...

These are just plain FUN!!!!! Would brighten anyone's day!