Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Greetings

Happy Easter to you all!! I hope you are having a relaxing weekend! For the first time in a very long time we're spending Easter at home. It's been lovely so far relaxing, swimming at the Hot Springs and a local swimming spot (no tourists or rowdy teenagers risking breaking their necks!!) and sleeping, playing and spending time together as a family.

Today I would like to share with you a few projects I (and Luana in some cases) have been working on this week for this weekend.

This little cutie is the card I made to send out to our family members for Easter. I think I missed the post on a few of them though and they'll only arrive next week. I've used the chicken and greeting from A Good Egg, and paper pieced the egg shell. I've used the retired Spring Fling DSP as inspiration and pulled the colours Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi (retired) from the large spot paper. The ribbon is from the retired Flirty set and I used the scallop circle and 1 3/8" circle punches too. The layout for this card came from Sweet Sunday Sketches - I've been wanting to play with this one for so long.
I send a photo with each card too, and this is the one for this year - our Easter Fairy!! I figure if I send an Easter and Christmas photo, and of her birthday, then each family member gets at least 3 photos a year!

This is a bundle of Easter treats for my work colleagues. We also gave treats to Paul's colleagues and Luana's carers at child care. Apologies for the poor quality photo, but I did take it late at night under a dodgy light. Once again A Good Egg provided the stamps and I used Apricot Appeal and Almost Amethyst for the colours. The Amethyst topper was stamped with the flower background, and the zig-zag was coloured with blender pens and Almost Amethyst ink on the outer edges. I coloured in the little spots with Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Marker, and finished off the eggs with a couple of Apricot Appeal brads before attaching them with dimensionals. Luana and I made chocolates that went into the bags last weekend....
She was a good help, although I'm certain she ate more of the chocolate drops than I was able to melt and put into the moulds!!
This next project is a gift for friends of ours who looked after our house while we were away.

I filled the jar with the chocolates we made and once again used retired Spring Fling DSP and A Good Egg. This time I decorated the eggs with flourishes and flowers from Priceless. The colour inspiration came from Leah's latest challenge:

Isn't this picture so cute?! I've used the inspiration colours of Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana and Whisper White. Thanks for another great inspiration Leah!!

Easter Bunny leaves a trail of eggs for Luana when he visits our house. Last year she was content to stop at the first one she found! So this year I thought I'd make a bag for her to put them in.
I've used one of Makeesha's Make it Monday tutorials, Carousel Notes Handbag, and just made the inside box part a bit bigger. I've used retired Groovy Guava Carousel Notes and card, retired Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon and retired Ginger Blossom DSP. The egg is once again from A Good Egg, stamped and sponged with retired Groove Guava ink. The 'L' is chipboard I had in my stash traced onto retired River Rock card. I can't wait to see her use it tomorrow morning!!
Last but not least I have the "Easter Bunny Basket" (as Luana calls it) that Luana decorated today to leave out for Easter Bunny tonight.



Once again I used retired Groovy Guava card to make the box - I just scored 2 3/4" all the way around and A4 piece and folded it up to make a box. Luana decorated it with some stickers I had left over from the very first Easter cards I made a couple of years ago. Not a bad effort at all for a 2 year old I think!!

Have a wonderful Easter. I'm looking forward to the next couple of days catching up with some friends from Darwin and taking the opportunity to stamp with one of my best gal pals!!

Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow you've been busy. Love all your projects.