Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another One of Nerine's Sketches

Apologies for the lack of posts lately, but long story short we have been attempting to retrieve 1000's of photos that were deleted when someone was a bit gung-ho in cleaning up the hard drive while I was sleeping. What was thought to be back up file of photos for our camera software, was actually THE photos. We have only been able to retrieve a small number of photos (as someone decided to download a movie after the deleting spree...). We had backed up a few months ago, but not that particular folder as we thought it was just a boring sample folder.... However, I had saved all photos of Luana to separate files, and my sister's wedding, and our family holidays to Kakadu and Kununurra, so they are safe. I'm just missing almost all other photos that don't feature Luana, including virtually all my photos of our family farm which Mum and Dad moved off a few weeks ago, and Paul's Tiger Experience at the Melbourne Zoo
:(
Facebook is a bit of a blessing too, but I had SO many more photos than that..... Moral of the story is always back up even what you don't think is really important.

Anyways, before this saga happened, I was actually able to make a HEAP of cards last weekend. Here area couple that fit Nerine's sketch. I love it!

This little one for the arrival of Malakai used Wild About You in the gorgeous baby colours of Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa. Each animal was first generation stamped for the feature image, and second generation stamped for the background images. I also cut out a little part of each animal and mounted it with dimensionals. I stamped the card base with Weathered and Malakai's name with Tidy Alphabet (retired). All was finished off with a couple of Bashful Blue brads.
I also wanted to make a few samples using In Colours and new stamp sets for my catalogue launch, so here's one I came up with using Fresh Cuts and Pink Pirouette (love the softness of this colour!!)
Quite self explanatory, but I did Versamark the branch next to the scallop circle punch:



very subtle, but I like it. I was also happy with the way the mounting same colour on same colour worked too.
I will be taking my camera into the photo shop tomorrow to see if they can retrieve any more photos from that - wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

These are lovely Natasha. Sorry to hear about your photo's, I know how that feels...although not on such a grand scale.

Unknown said...

There both lovely, good luck getting back your photo's.