Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mum

Today is my Mum's birthday. The rest of the family were able to get together for dinner, but travelling 2700km this year was a bit much (we did it 2 years ago - pre Luana!), and we had a funeral too. Anyway, I made this card a little while ago, and just knew it had to be for Mum. Any guesses on the colour?!? Green of course!
Here's the card:
and the bits inside:


I'm really happy with it. The inspiration came from a SCS challenge about a month ago (Double Pocket card; the direct tutorial came from Joy in a JAR (http://www.jarfullofjoy.blogspot.com/). She has some awesome things on her blog - including great cards, amazing photos of her garden and scrummy recipes!).

I used (now discontinued) Au Chocolate DSP, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Certainly Celery card, with Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip ink and ribbons. The stamped images come from the retired set Delight in Life, which was actually one of the very first sets I ordered!!

Happy Birthday Mum!

Oh, and Dad really liked his card too!

1 comment:

Nerine .P. said...

This is lovely Natasha...I just love the Delight in Life set - so sad I missed it myself!