Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthdays are Time Well Spent

Apologies for the long time between postings. I have just spent a few days in Darwin for a workshop, and Mum was able to fly up to look after Luana, so it was fabulous spending time with her. As usual the Mindil Beach markets were great and the sunsets just gorgeous!



My offering tonight is a card I made for an 'old' friend of mines 30th - we've been buddies since first year Uni. I'm surprised I actually passed Chemistry sitting next to Suze in lectures ;-) We were invited to celebrate with her, but couldn't make it - we'll be celebrating next visit to Adelaide though!


The photo really doesn't do this card justice - sorry. Although I am probably a bit biased as it contains 2 of my favourite elements - butterflies and purple! I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Lovely Lilac card, and Lovely Lilac ink and Stamp 'n Write Marker (from Bold Brights). The stamps are from the gorgeous Level 3 Hostess set Time Well Spent and the butterfly flight was added using the white gel pen. Very simple, but I really like it, and so did Suze!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is so striking! I love it.