Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can you help?

Just for this post, I'm going to take off my creative hat, and put on another - my AFS volunteer one.

As you may have realised from my tagged blog, I was an exchange student to Paraguay, which was one of the best experiences of my life. So, now to help other students have an awesome experience too, I am a volunteer with AFS Intercultural Student Exchanges.

In August, we will be welcoming a new group of students to Australia, and we are looking for 2 families in the NT to welcome them into their homes and make them feel like part of the family (if you don't live in the NT, but are interested in hosting, we are looking for families in other states too). It's experiencing another culture without leaving home!

We have 2 young men who we are looking to place - a 16 year old boy from Italy and a boy from Brazil. I have more information available upon request.

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer host family, please let me know at natashamurray12@gmail.com ASAP. If you live outside the NT, I will pass your details onto the appropriate people.

If you would like to find out more information about hosting, or if someone in your family is interested in becoming an exchange student, or you would like to become a volunteer, please feel free to contact me, or check our the AFS website www.afs.org.au

Thanks!!

No comments: