Sunday, March 30, 2008

Retired Stamp Set Swap

As you may have noticed from previous posts, a good friend of mine Mel is the queen of organising swaps, and she organised a retiring swap for us to get a little bit more use out of those sets we're not going to see in the new catalogue.

Those of you who know me well (and maybe some who don't...) know that I love tulips, so I was very sad to see Terrific Tulips on the retired list. Even so, I have only recently aquired this set and hadn't had much opportunity to play with it; this is what I came up with for the swap - the other condition was using at least one colour from the Soft Subtles family:



I masked the tulips, and stamped off the background ones. You can't see it real well, but I also used Itty Bitty Backgrounds and the card stock was Sage Shadow, Cranberry Crisp and Very Vanilla. Inks were Vintage Violet (I'm really going to miss this colour!) and Sage Shadow and it was all finished with some sliver cord (which I also have to say good bye to and am going to miss).

Thanks Mel for organising this swap - my turn next...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tash, put me down if you are looking!

Mel Hanlon

Karen Robinson said...

Hi Tash,
Dont forget to include me in the next one too! Love the cards youve made - ALL GORGEOUS!! Especially love the tulips! Kaz xx

Natasha said...

Thanks Girls!
I'll let you know about the new swap, but will give you a week or so to get over convention.
I'm so glad I still have a tulip to work with in Garden Whimsy!
T