Saturday, January 17, 2009

KWernerDesign Colour Inspiration #38 for Aleiah

A week seems to come around rather quickly at the moment and it's time again for Kristina's latest challenge. A former work colleague's partner had a gorgeous little girl this week (only 48cm and 6lb 6oz - she's tiny!!) and I thought Kristina's latest colour inspiration could work for a baby girl card:
I've never been a huge fan of Pumpkin Pie, but with it featuring so much in colour inspirations lately, I must say it's growing on me! So much so I decided to use it for the card base. I have substituted Rose Red for Ruby Red to make it just a little more baby girlish too.

This has turned out a bit different than what I had in my head, but I think that's because Aleiah ended up being longer than I thought and I changed the profile of the card to make it fit better. Her parents loved it though, which is the main thing.
I kissed the elephant from Wild About You with Paisley in both Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink. The elephant is mounted on Whisper White sponged with Pretty in Pink, which was layered on Pretty in Pink. Aleiah uses Best Friends Upper Alphabet (loving this alphabet at the moment!) on Whisper White layered on Pretty in Pink as well. I have used the Pretty in Pink marker to faux pierce the edge and I attached a bit of grosgrain ribbon with a brad, both Pretty in Pink. Both the panels were mounted on Rose Red Prints DSP which had been mounted on Pretty in Pink and then Pumpkin Pie card base. The gorgeous felt fusion flowers and Pretty in Pink brads help to finish it all off.

Aleiah is such a beautiful little girl - welcome to the world darling!

No comments: