Thursday, January 8, 2009

Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi Blitz

While I was down South, I managed to get a bit of stamping done while I was on the farm that I haven't posted for you all yet. I had limited supplies that I took with me, and Mum's stash, but I really wanted to use Groovy Guava card as much as possible because I'd just ordered a pack, then changed the colour scheme of my Christmas cards...

Both these cards use Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White card with Groovy Guava, Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip ink. The greetings are from Cheery Chat and were masked while images from Scribble This were stamped over. Happy Birthday was finished with some paper piercing and a copper eyelet and Thank you with just a a strip of Chocolate Chip card. Quite simple but they hit the mark! Thanks Mum for letting me use your stamp sets!

I stayed with my Auntie (again) during my Uni week this time round, so this one was for her. Her favourite card that we made at Regionals was the skinny Thanks one, so I used that image as inspiration and this is what eventuated - the green stem really needed something, hence the Guava flowers. I also really wanted to try the dry-embossing with the Crop-o-Dile (I need a bit more practice!). This uses the gorgeous Live Your Dream set from the Summer Mini and once again, colour scheme is Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.

I just thought I'd also share a couple of photos of Luana on the farm. I really hope she is now old enough to have some sort of memory of the farm when she's older.

On our HUGE slippery dip that Grandpa made.

On the header with Popsy- we went with him for a bit while he was reaping canola. Luana loves the fact the header goes 'round and round and round' (and also imaging the hands and arms going round and round and round!!)

No comments: