Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Basics Wish

I love Kristina's Colour Inspirations but rarely get to play with them. As usual, the most recent inspiration colours were lovely and I really enjoyed working with them, but I missed the cut off for entering the competition.


Here's the inspiration:



I haven't pulled out Bud Basics for a while, but it just seemed to fit these colours well. I wheeled Basics Outline in Rose Red on Whisper White, and stamped the flowers in Pretty in Pink, and the leaves in second generation Old Olive. This panel was mounted on Pretty in Pink, then on Old Olive which was torn on the bottom and Rose Red provided the card base. I actually stamped Sanded in Pretty in Pink on the base, but it faded into the background... I added some white grosgrain with a buckle from Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware to the main panel, and stamped wish from Big Bold Birthday in Rose on White, added a couple of leaves, punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, then punched the base with the 1 3/8" circle punch.

Let me know what you think. I think the Festive Season has sucked the creative juices a bit...

This will be making it's way down to my mother-in-law in the next week or so, along with a calendar, but more on that later.


2 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

I think it's lovely Natasha. I know what you mean though, I'm a little slow atm although your creation looks great.

Sharon said...

What do you mea - this is fabulous!
Check my blog for a little something for you.