Saturday, January 10, 2009

KWernerDesign Colour Inspiration #37

I am in the process of making 6x6 calendars for this year (I really should have started them before the week before Christmas) and am getting closer to finishing - yay! Kristina's latest colour challenge helped my incredibly with one of the pages for Paul's calendar.

Here's her inspiration:

Here's my page:

We don't have many photos taken together these days, and generally the ones we do are the 'hold your arm out and take it yourself' shot - like this one - which really don't allow you to trim too much. I used Old Olive for the base, substituted Cool Caribbean for Baja Breeze (I'm really looking forward to Baja Breeze coming over here) which I used for Paul's name with Tidy Alphabet (retired) and a couple of the flowers from Eastern Blooms in the new Summer Mini (both stamped on the Whisper White). I also used some Cool Caribbean rickrack from the retired Flirty ribbon set. Pumpkin Pie was represented by my name, more flowers and some Spring Break DSP. I stamped the branch image from Eastern Blooms in Chocolate Chip directly onto the base, and attached the cut out flowers with dimensionals on top.

I'm really happy with how this turned out and Paul likes it too - I wasn't going to show him until I'd finished his calendar but I couldn't help myself. It's a but funny seeing a photo of myself without specs too!!

Leah has also made a gorgeous card with these colours - check it out at http://stampinwithleah.blogspot.com/

I have some more blog challenges to post in the next couple of days so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Sherri said...

How cute - I like the way you crowned him!

Stamp With Linz said...

So fun! Love it! The colors totally work!

kareN stampZ said...

love the "paul" crown - a real fun layout - well done

Unknown said...

Thanks Natasha, I love your page. How you made Paul's name look like a crown is so cute.
Hope you can join my challenge this month! :)

Unknown said...

Great layout! and very cool photo

Shelley said...

Yeah, the crown is the tops!