Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ABCD... Airports & AFS, Babies, Cars & Catch ups, Diabetes

These are the reasons why I haven't posted for a while. I was thinking on my latest drive up to Darwin last week that by last night, I would have travelled pretty close to 14 500kms in 2 1/2 weeks. That's a bit scary, especially considering Luana has basically done the same. How long do you think it will take to get her back into a routine?!?

So, we have spent a lot of time in airports and on airplanes (and Luana LOVES planes and excitedly exclaims 'plane, plane' when we walk along the ramps towards the plane and she can see them through the glass; she has just started saying aeroplane today too - too cute!), and just as much time in cars. I learned a lot at the AFS conference (and we are still looking for 2 volunteer host families in the NT for an Italian boy and a Brazilian boy for 6 months who arrive Aug 1st - PLEASE contact me if you can help - all you need is a spare bed and an open mind), and am glad the second week of my diabetes course is over, but I have a 3000 word assignment due at the end of Sep. The most fun part of the trip was meeting 3 beautiful new little girls - Alexandra (her card I have already posted) and Shanae and Casey - the twin daughters of Luana's godmother. They are all so gorgeous and I'm glad we could meet them in person!
Here's a photo of Luana meeting Casey.We were also able to catch up with a few friends in the little bit of spare time I had. I didn't even really get an opportunity to do any shopping these trips :-( My credit card is happier for it though!

Anyways, I have not had time to indulge in stamping (and the one night I was attending a demo night I had to leave early because Luana wouldn't settle so didn't finish anything), but I still have a couple cards up my sleeve I haven't posted yet so that will have to tied me over until I can find a spare few minutes to attack the list of cards I need to make (thanks to baby group I have a HEAP of 2 year old cards to make over the next couple months).

This card was made for a friends little girl who is turning 6 tomorrow.

Purple is her favourite colour, so I used Almost Amethyst (the 6 is out of discontinued DSP) and Lovely Lilac, as well as Confetti White card, which I think is a little bit softer than Whisper White. I LOVE the butterfly from Time Well Spent so had to use that, especially as I used the ones from Bold Butterfly last year and couldn't possibly repeat so soon (plus I couldn't fit 6 on)! The 6 was traced from Simon On Board Lower chipboard and cut out, and the 3D butterfly was coloured in a bit using a Lovely Lilac Stampin' Write marker. Hopefully she'll be happy with it and we'll get to see her soon. Happy Birthday Vetty!!

Must go and find my bed but hopefully it won't be too long until I post again!

2 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

Wow Natasha,

You've been very busy. Congrats, I've passed on a Brilliant Blog award too you.

Hugs,
Nerine

Sharon said...

Hi from Malaysia. What a lovely card. I'm sure she will love it