Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Babies, babies, babies

So many of my friends are expecting babies in the next month or so, I thought I'd better get the jump on putting together some ideas for these precious arrivals. Most of them have found out they are having girls, so I don't have to stick to a neutral colour scheme.

This first card I actually toyed with making for the Poppin' Pastels swap I'm involved with this month (check out Nerine's that she was going to include, but decided against it - it's gorgeous!). I decided against it, even though I really like it, as the card I am swapping showcases the technique a bit better - I will post it soon.

In true baby girl style, this one uses Pretty in Pink card, as well as Very Vanilla and Close to Cocoa. Close to Cocoa and Barely Banana ink was used, as well as Versamark for the pastels to stick to. Bundle of Joy and Paisley provided the images and background respectively and it was finished with Barely Banana eyelets (set with the crop-o-dile of course) and light pink gigham ribbon.

We have had one eagerly awaited bundle arrive already, so this is the card to celebrate:


The colour scheme was actually inspired by a beautiful sunset I saw a couple of weeks ago while have dinner with Luana out on the balcony - we get some awesome colours up here - and is Pale Plum and Apricot Appeal. I used Stampin' Write markers to colour the giraffe from Bundle of Joy, and the name is courtesy of Alphabits - thank goodness for the Stamp-a-ma-jig!! Cream grosgrain ribbon (trying to finish existing stock before purchasing Very Vanilla) and a buckle from HodgePodge hardware provided the little something to finish it off.

Hopefully I will get to meet little Alexandra really soon. The next arrival is due early-mid July, but the twins could make an appearance at any stage! Will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially love Alexandra's card! Its loevly.

Nerine .P. said...

Thank you Natasha for saying my card's awsome!

Love the baby cards - I really like this set, but have been putting off because I have Nursary Nececities.

Also, congrats to your friends too on their little ones!