Friday, June 6, 2008

More Faux Tiling

When I learn a new technique, I tend to make a few different cards to try things out, and the more I do in one hit, the 'less' time through the week I'm playing (Paul gets a bit upset when I take over the dining room table.... and nothing is safe with Luana around). Anyways, a few weeks ago when playing with the faux tiling technique for Mel's demo swap (see my previous post), these area few I came up with.

I knew I wanted to do something with the fleur de lys from Carte Postal but this actually turned completely different to what I had in mind. I used River Rock, Blue Bayou (love these colours at the moment) and Whisper White card, and Purely Pomegranate and Old Olive ink. I distressed the edges of the Blue Bayou and the background is the Baroque Border wheel. I coloured a piece of Whisper White ribbon with Purely Pomegranate ink and didn't realise how long it would take for that to dry so ended up with coloured fingers!! A little 'buckle' from Antique Brass HodgePodge Hardware was used to finish it off - tying a piece of ribbon just didn't work this time! I am really happy with how this turned out - just need an envelope to fit it now...


This one turned out pretty close to what I imagined. The very cute ladybirds (big and small) are from Garden Whimsy and the friend sentiment is courtesy of the Level 1 Hostess Set For a Friend. Purely Pomegranate and Pale Plum inks were used, as well as Pale Plum and Old Olive (and Whisper White) card. The little dots underneath 'friend' and the flower were filled in using a white gel pen.

Garden Whimsy provided the inspiration for this card, and without actually meaning to, I used all the current In Colours. Card used was Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and River Rock, and inks used were Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky - the smaller butterfly was inked with Soft Sky, then rock 'n' rolled with Blue Bayou - I like the effect. Lastly, it was finished with Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon. This one does look better IRL.

Must go and get some sleep, but check out Stampin' Up! for the latest fabulous offers - will post more info soon. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to make a few cards Sunday while Paul is out canoeing down the Katherine River (crocs and all).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tash,

They all look great! I especially love the ladybeetles one! So cute!

Mel H