Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Retro Pears

It was another colleague/friend's birthday this week, but I was having difficulty trying to figure out what type of card to make... The other girls were relatively easy - one is more 'classic' and the other quite girly - but putting my finger on the right style this time.... one of the other girls suggested I go 'retro', so this is what I came up with (quite fitting for a dietitian with the pears too!!).
I have kept it quite simple as my friend isn't into frills and flounces; I quite like the effect of the layered ribbon and this is the first time I've used my corduroy buttons!!
I realised after I finished it that although I made this for a female, it could quite easily be suitable for a male too (I think it's the colours...), so it fits the Stampin' Royalty 'Masculine' challenge this week.


Now to get cracking on my brother's birthday card...

Thanks for visiting!







Stamp: Birthday Wish (retired)
Card: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Corner Rounder Punch (non-SU), Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons (retired), 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: