Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fifth Avenue Rose with Dimension


I really should be heading to bed, but I'll just share this card with you tonight too...

For the first time, I have been a bit organised and actually registered to enter a couple of cards in the local show.... then the hard part was deciding which cards to actually put in; I haven't been to an Alice Springs Show, so have no idea what the standard is like or what the judges look for. Anyways, this is one of the cards I put together as an option, but it didn't make the cut (Paul preferred a different one).... but it fits a couple of challenges: Just Add Ink - Just Add Patterned Paper and ABC - X is for Xtra Dimension (there are 4 layers to that rose - I tried 6 but it looked a bit weird!!).
I used last weeks Mojo Monday Sketch (#144) as a basis. The satin ribbon is folded a bit at the edges, but the square panels are a bit big to show the full effect.
I'm quite happy with how this one turned out (especially as it was a late night effort). I just guess Paul doesn't like flowery/girly cards :)
Thanks again for visiting!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Card: Kraft, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Urban Oasis DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze
Other: Vintage Brads, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Fashion District Rubons (retired)


2 comments:

Tania Gould said...

I've been wanting to try this 3d look to this rose - and you have inspired me now! Really pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink!

Danielle Daws said...

Wow - this is so beautiful!