Monday, June 14, 2010

Mmmm... Melon Mambo

I know I am lamenting the retirement of Pixie Pink, but I am seriously loving playing with Melon Mambo, so my loss may not be as difficult as I first thought (plus, I've started to order more cardstock to keep me going....).
This weeks Sketch'n'Color Challenge gave me the excuse to play with Melon Mambo in a colour combination I never would have thought to use:

I'm quite happy with how this card turned out, but I do think it's hard to go wrong with Pick-a-Petal!
Hope you had a great weekend - we're enjoying the long weekend here!
Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Pick a Petal
Card: Soft Suede, Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo
Other: Hidden Garden Rubons (retired), Sherbet Designer Buttons (retired), linen thread, scallop edge punch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Natasha what a lovely card. Hugs Nadia

KimB said...

Hi Natasha, I so know what you mean about Pixie Pink - it was my go to color for little girls! But Melon mambo does grow on you fast! Love your big pink flower - looks gorgeous finished off with the button.

Kim

Kerry Dunn said...

When I saw this card on your Blog I looked at it and thought "I wish I was creative enough to make a card like this for you, made with love and such beautiful words". Such a gorgeous card!!! To receive it in the mail today blew me away (and made me cry big "miss you" crocodile tears). Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart. You are in my thoughts more than you know. xxx