Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome Tayah

The girl I used to job share with had a gorgeous little girl a few weeks ago, and I finally sat down to make her welcome card today using this weeks Sketch 'n' Color Challenge as inspiration.

I have been stalking Sketch 'n' Color for a few weeks now as one of the creators (Andrea) is one of the very talented members of the Curtain Call Crew over at Stacey's Stamping Stage, which is how I came upon the blog. Now, my German is VERY bad, so I don't understand very many words of what is written, but I guess that's one of the great things about craft is that it transcends language :) There have been some lovely colour challenges and this is the third sketch challenge, but the very first one I've participated in.
As you can see, I've rotated the sketch and used the butterfly wings (Pale Plum rock'n rolled in Perfect Plum, plus sparkle) as the 'bow'. I wanted a pretty girly colour combo, and this was one I was playing around with a few weeks ago with some Mother's Day cards.
This card also meet the criteria for the current Caardvarks challenge - a baby card - another blog I found blog hopping recently.
Thanks for visiting.



Stamps: Defining Alphabet, Garden Whimsy
Card: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink
Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Soft Subtles Brads

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very georgeous card Natasha. Great idea to turn the sketch around. Thanks for playing the Sketch'n'Color Challenge. Nadia

Andrea said...

Natasha, that's a great card. Many Thanks for playing at Sketch'n'Color. Andrea

Basement Stamper said...

You did a fantastic job with the card, it's so pretty and I'm sure she will love it. Thanks for joining us at the Caardvarks/Clear & Simple Stamps Baby card challenge!

Amy C said...

So cute!! I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!