Saturday, April 17, 2010

Curtain Call Act 25 with Inkspirations Sketch 21 - It's Bright!

Just a quick post this morning as I have to take Luana to her first dance class of the term.

This week the Curtain Call Colour Challenge is a tribute to a few Bold Brights that are being retired, but it hasn't turned out as lary as it could have :) I'm not totally devasted that Only Orange is leaving (it is a useful colour at times), but it's a different story about Pixie Pink. I use it quite a bit, especially for Luana projects. Makeesha's latest Inkspirations sketch (only released yesterday - can you believe I've made a card for it already!) provided the sketch for this card for a friends upcoming birthday.


A close up of the flower for you. I sponged a strip of Whisper White with Yoyo Yellow ink for the band, and the top flower is stamped off with sections highlighted using a Stampin' Write Marker. I curled the petals around my paper piercer to give them a touch more dimension.
Must go and get this girl to dancing!
Thanks for visiting again.


Stamps: Eastern Blooms, A Little Birthday Cheer
Card: Pixie Pink, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Whisper White
DSP: Kaleidoscope (retired)
Ink: Only Orange, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow
Other: Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/8" Jumbo Brads

9 comments:

Sue said...

I love the detail in your flower, you have used the colours to perfection! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

very cute, Natasha! love that sweet flower embelly you created:) thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

ps...sounds like melon mambo may be your new friend for your little darling's projects:)

Karen B. said...

That flower is completely gorgeous, so many details! It has a perfect spot to rest on your card.

AJ said...

This is beautiful. I love the brightness of this card, it will make someone's day I'm sure! xx Amanda

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love what you have done with the sketch. I love what you have done with those bright colours. I really do struggle with them. I tip my hat to you! Thanks for playing along at Inkspirations!
Kirsty

Genelle Little said...

Such a pretty card, Natasha - your flower is perfect!

Julie said...

Oh I love your sponging and that flower is just gorgeous!

artfuldelight said...

Very bright and colorful card, I love what you did with the flower!

Makeesha Byl said...

Very cute Natasha! I love how you have curled the flowers petals.....just lovely and well done for using Bold brights too...I find them so hard to work with! Thanks for playing. love keesh x