Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Organised for Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter break. We had a great, but busy weekend with family which was wonderful. I started back at work today, so a super short week, but not one without it's challenges!!

After packing EVERYTHING away before Easter (much to Paul's delight), I pulled a few bits ad pieces out tonight to play along with the latest Inkspirations Colour Challenge from Makeesha and the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.



Yet again, the colours Keesh has challenged us with are just gorgeous together, and I'm not so scared of circles now I have the Circle Scissors Plus!!
I stamped the large circle after cutting it out, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with the placement of the words. The edges of the circle were sponged in Creamy Caramel, and I 'stretched out' a few scallop circles to frame the circle. The smaller flower was stamped in Creamy Caramel, then rock'n'rolled in Brocade Blue and finished with a half pearl from the Pretties Kit. I also used a hat pin from the same kit for the first time ever!! To soften the Creamy Caramel panel, I 'sponged' it with the same ink using scrunched up glad/cling wrap. I really like the effect it gives.
Not sure who this one is going to yet... Mum's a fan of green, so I'll probably make another card for her.



Stamps: Wonderful Favourites, Baroque Motifs
Card: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 1/4" Circle
Other: Pretties Kit, Circle Scissors Plus

3 comments:

Cindy Major said...

I love your design - so elegant!! I'm totally in love with those hat pins :)

Lee said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card! Mothers' Day is definately the occasion to break out the hatpins :) Yours looks awesome, and suits the card perfectly.

Lee x

Anonymous said...

Very elegant indeed! I must use those pins more.
Kirsty