Saturday, February 21, 2009

KWernerDesign Colour Inspiration #42 - Sort of

Firstly today I must say THANK YOU to Makeesha and everyone who has left wonderful comments about the last card I posted for Makeesha's Inspiration Challenge. I was left a bit gobsmacked when I found out I had won this weeks challenge - thank you! It's been a pretty good day all round! I had to work this morning at the Healthy Heart Sports Day, but overall it was fun, and I'm receiving really positive feedback about a health promotion I am currently running.


Onto todays card, I missed out on the last colour challenge from Kristina, although I did love the colours, and this weeks was another one of those 'what am I going to do here?' colour schemes (seems I'm like that a lot when the yellows feature....). Here's the inspiration:




I've ended up coming up with this, which I also created to fill the requirements of my friend and upline Karen's current challenge - no ink!

I thought I would try out Dahlia folding, so used the scallop circle punch with So Saffron Prints DSP (retired) - not quite More Mustard, but at least it's the other half of the Dynamic Duo! Will understand if this stretched the requirements of the challenge a bit.... I spiral cut a hand cut circle out of Really Rust for the flower centre and mounted the dahlia on Bali Breeze DSP - I've used Old Olive instead of Kiwi Kiss as we don't have that colour - yet! The DSP was edged with a bit of distressed Whisper White card and all mounted on Really Rust card, then Old Olive card base. The greeting is from the retired A Perfect Day rubons.

This card is for a special friend of mine for her upcoming birthday - but won't say who as I'm not sure if she reads this!


5 comments:

lindiloo said...

very attractive card!
Thanks for sharing
Linda

Tracy said...

what an interesting looking card. Love it!

Debbie M said...

Hi Natasha - you do beautiful work - I can see why you won Makeesha's last challenge - your card is beautiful.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog - I would be more than happy to let you know how I made that box but I can't find a link to email you. If you would still like me to let you know then please feel free to email me.

Debbie M

Nerine .P. said...

Very nice Natasha. Your braver than I who stuck with simple circles for the dhalia fold! I've left an award for you on my blog to enjoy.

Unknown said...

Natasha, it turned out really well. I must try it.