Friday, February 6, 2009

Cheese!

I wasn't planning on posting this page just yet, but Shelli's latest Creative Challenge is using Sale-A-Bration, so I thought I'd try to enter this one.


I made this page for Paul's calendar (and yay! he has a brand new work desk to put it on!) - I tried to make his calendar pages not girly-girly so he would feel comfortable having them on his desk, but this photo just screamed for pink and purple - Pink Passion and Elegant Eggplant!! I have used the gorgeous Polka Dot Punches from Sale-a-Bration for the heart and a bit of background stamping (also in the bottom left hand corner, but the photo came out a bit dark), and Best Friends Upper Alphabet for Cheese. It took ages to get the title to a point where I was happy, and it ended up being pierced around the edges, swiped in Pixie Pink (I used Pixie Pink for all the stamping to make it less 'strong') before being mounted with dimensionals.

I do love this photo because it was taken just days after Luana had ENT surgery (that's why she has a little mark on the corner of her mouth where they taped the tube during the operation) and while it was just the both of us getting ready for my sister's engagement party. She had a ball at the party and you would never know what she went through just days before - little trooper!

This page always makes me smile - hope it makes you smile too!

2 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

This is such a lovely page Natasha...on every level!

Sharon said...

This is a fantastic page Natasha!