Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trifold for Grace (and Makeesha's challenge)

I received a lovely surprise last week in the form of a text message from a former work colleague (we both decided to move onto greener pastures about the same time). She's engaged!! I am so excited for her; she is a lovely young lady with so much potential and such a bright future, and she's into craft too! That makes the third engagement in my life at the moment (there's that 3 again!). I just had to make a special card for her using papers I know she loves. I had decided to make a Joy fold card as it showcases the DSPs beautifully before Makeesha set her challenge, so thought this could be my entry. Grace likes her cards simple, so I tried to keep it just that; no bling, no ribbons, no flourishes.


FrontOpen
I used the discontinued Enchante DSP (love those purple and greens) with Perfect Plum and Pale Plum card and ink, and images from Carte Postale. I stamped the flower image 3 times - twice in Perfect Plum, once in Pale Plum and cut out the middle flowers for layering, as well as using the Cetainly Celery marker to colour in the leaves. Inking the edges of the 'white' DSP with Perfect Plum added a little bit of depth.
I am so happy with how this turned out and can't wait to send it off to Grace.
Congratulations girl!!!! xxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Natasha this is just GORGEOUS! I love the formal look you have given it with those papers. I am sure your friend will love it! Thanks for playing :)
Love Keesh x

Nerine .P. said...

This is just lovely Natasha, I may just have to case you :)

Sharon said...

Just love this card! I do so miss Enchante.

Zarna said...

Wow! we are like stamping twins!! I used Le Jardin for this challenge and you used Enchante and they are the same pattern with different colours!
I'd never seen your blog before but i love your work *wink*

Off to add you to my growing google reader feed...