Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome Ella


My cousin welcomed a beautiful little girl, Ella, into the world a few weeks ago - a tad early so I wasn't quite expecting the text. My cousin isn't a girly-girl, so I didn't want to make a full-on pink card. Leah's latest Colour Wheel Challenge fit the bill: Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum, So Saffron and Mellow Moss. I also used the most recent Mojo Monday challenge as inspiration...
I stamped the adorable elephant from Animal Stories in Pretty in Pink, then rock'n rolled it in Perfect Plum before popping her up with dimensionals on layered Whisper White and Mellow Moss circles. I felt the square 'bit' on the sketch was a bit sharp for a baby card, so adapted it to a circle. The Whisper White scallop circle has been sponged in Pretty in Pink around the edges to soften it. A few Pretty in Pink brads added the finishing touch I was looking for.

I think my cousin will get a kick out of this! I'm looking forward to meeting darling Ella next visit home.



Stamps: Animal Stories (Summer Mini), Jumbo Bold Alphabet, Short & Sweet
Card: So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Whisper White
DSP: Afternoon Tea
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum
Punches: 1 3/4 " circle (Summer Mini), Scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle
Other: So Saffron 3/8" Grosgrain ribbon (from Ribbon Bundle, retired), Prety in Pink Grosgrain ribbon, Soft Subtles brads

2 comments:

Charity said...

Super cute card! I like how you twisted the layout to landscape!! (I tried, but couldn't make it work for this layout.) :)

Unknown said...

Hi Congrats, you won the Colour Coach Challenge for Feb. Woo Hoo! Your on a roll.
Thanks for playing and hope you can play in March.

xx