Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 56

Yay! I haven't run out of time this week to play with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!! I tell you what, I don't like how much time I don't have to stamp now I'm working full time again :)



For a change, I decided not to use a colour challenge with a sketch challenge. I wanted to make a card for my 'Boss' who celebrates her 30th next week. Trying to figure out what colours to use for her was a bit of a challenge, so I decided to go with black as a starting point as she had black bridesmaids dresses for her wedding and wears a lot of black to work. I think this sketch is a great oppotunity to work with DSP, so chose Urban Oasis, which was also the basis for my additional colour choices. Without too much convincing, I reached for Fifth Avenue Floral, and just the right greeting was found in the current SAB set Vintage Labels.

Thanks for such a versatile sketch Karen. I have a few more ideas I'd like to play with using this one.


Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Vintage Labels (SAB)
Card: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Kraft, Whisper White
DSP: Urban Oasis
Ink: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Circle Scissors Plus, 3/8" Jumbo Brads

2 comments:

Jessica Theodore said...

This is just lovely! Great colour scheme and love what you did with the sketch xx

Lee said...

Gosh, I really love this card, it seems to have come together effortlessly, but is a real WOW at the same time! I love the big flower off centre with it's big white brad.

Lee x