Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sale-A-Bration Workshop

Yesterday I had a great group of girls around for a Sale-A-Bration workshop. We made three projects, each one featuring a Sale-A-Bration set, and two of the projects using products from the current Summer Mini.
As this was the first time I had inked up any of my new SAB sets, these projects qualify for the current ABC Challenge - N is for New!!
For the card project, we made an easel card where I had used Colour Throwdown 79 for inspiration. I actually made two with different base card (as I didn't have enough Riding Hood Red for everyone... oops). Even though the Blush Blossom was my back up, I think I actually like that one better than the tone-on-tone one.... The technique demonstrated with this project (apart from the funky card) was paper piecing.
For the 3D project, we whipped up these very cute and very easy PostIt Note Holders. I am officially in LOVE with the Kaleidoscope DSP from the Summer Mini. It is just divine!!! I was working on a bit of an eclectic feel with this project - funky DSP and colours with more traditional stamps from Vintage Labels (or should I say Vintage stamps...)
Our third project was using the super cute Scallop Notes from the Summer Mini together with Tall Tales DSP and Animal Stories stamp set - such a great combo!! The greeting is from the oh-so-versatile SAB set Whimsical Words. I ran with the retro feel of the DSP and placed my little owl off centre. I also ADORE the buttons in the Summer Mini so had to include one from Playground on this card. For that little something extra on the card, the DSP on the inside of the card was punched with the scallop edge punch. I love the look of lined envelopes too and little cards with little envelopes are just perfect to demonstrate that on.
We had a lovely afternoon creating and chatting - thanks for joining me girls, we'll do it again soon!!


Happy Birthday Easel Card
Stamps: Happy Moments (SAB)
Card: Riding Hood Red, Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla
DSP: Candy Lane
Ink: Sage Shadow, Riding Hood Red
Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Dress Ups Ribbon


For You PostIt Note Holder
Stamps: Vintage Labels (SAB)
Card: Pink Passion
DSP: Kaleidoscope (Summer Mini)
Ink: Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise
Other: Scallop Circle Punch, Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon


Too Kind Scallop Note & Lined Envelope
Stamps: Whimsical Words (SAB), Animal Stories (Summer Mini)
Card: Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Old Olive
DSP: Tall Tales (Summer Mini)
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Rose Red
Punches: Scallop Edge, 1 1/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 1/4" Square, 1 3/8" Square
Other: Scallop Notes (Summer Mini), Playground Buttons (Summer Mini)


2 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Barbara said...

VERY sweet cards! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!