Monday, July 27, 2009

Be Prepared for Chistmas Workshop Projects

Sounds a little but like a workshop for Cubs or Scouts! As promised, here are the projects we made at my Christmas workshop last Friday. We had a great night with lots of laughs, gossip and creating.

We made three projects, and I'm thinking I maybe should have called the workshop Glitterati or something similar as I didn't realise I used Dazzling Diamonds in every project until I was getting together all the supplies. I ended up covered! But did look rather 'Dazzling' for the evening!!

Our first project was gift tags. I love the combo of blue and silver for Christmas, so used this as my starting point. The rectangle tags are 1 1/2" X 2 1/2". The star punches were used for the first two, punching Ballet Blue and Brushed Silver. The second two tags used the oval punches as the tag with the smaller 'joy' circle and three of the flower petals stamped a second time, cut out and attached with dimensionals. You can't see in in this (the-best-I-could-do) photo, but I've also added a bit of detail with a silver gel pen - dots on the 'joy' tag and the centre dots on the flower one. Last but not least, I stamped the tree from Season of Joy directly into the tag and Dazzled the star, and stamped off the swirl from Spotlight on Christmas before stamping directly onto the tag. The large star punch was used to punch out the star from the same set, which had also been Dazzled.

This second card was inspired by two swaps I received at Adelaide regionals last year from Kerrie Rootsey and Tamara Conroy - thank you ladies! I'm sorry but I don't have any blog links for them.
I inked the words square from Season of Joy in Almost Amethyst, removed the ink off one word (in this one 'joy') with a blender pen, then inked it with a Lovely Lilac marker. I inked and stamped 'joy' a second time, this time cutting out the 'o' and adding some sparkle before attaching it with a dimensional. So Swirly Jumbo wheel was inked in Almost Amethyst and wheeled on one half of the base card, with the spots being highlighted by a white gel pen.


Last but not least we made this traditional card. Scroll down to my next post for the details.

I will be holding my next workshop for the Spring Mini Catalogue Launch on Saturday August 8th at 2pm. If you would like to join us for a fun afternoon, e-mail me.


Gift Tags

Stamps: Season of Joy, Spotlight in Christmas
Card: Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
Ink: Ballet Blue
Other: Large star punch, small star punch, small oval punch, large oval punch, Dazzling Diamonds, silver gel pen (non-SU!)




Swirls of the Season Card
Stamps: Season of Joy, So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Card: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac
Other: white gel pen, Dazzling Diamonds


Joy Shared Flower Card:
Stamps: Spotlight on Christmas, Many Merry Messages
Card: Rose Red, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Rose Red, Always Artichoke
Other: 5 petal flower punch, Dazzling Diamonds, paper piercer

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great projects Natasha! Don't you love that Dazzlin' Diamonds.