Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodies from Nerine

My sister stamper Nerine holds a regular Virtual Night where she puts challenges on her blog and gives you an hour to post your entry. She also had an alternative this last time where you could submit entries through the week and be eligible for blog candy. I had to attend a birthday party the night of the Virtual night, but still entered and won the blog candy!!

Her first challenge was a Valentine's card. I had already made mine for Paul, but stretched the concept a tad and made an anniversary card for him (which isn't too long after Valentine's Day anyway)...


...which was based on this Sweet Sunday Sketch.

I used a card base of Chocolate Chip and layered Close to Cocoa which had been wheeled with the So Swirly Jumbo Wheel, and a strip of Purely Pomegranate. I punched 8 1 1/4" circles out of Purely Pomegranate and layered these with hearts from Priceless (part of the Bushfire Appeal - 50% of the price of this set, and 9 others is being donated) stamped in Purely Pomegranate, Rose Red and Regal Rose. The '8' logo is Close to Cocoa 1 1/4" circle punch layered on Chocolate Chip 1 3/8" circle punch. The 8 is from On Board Lots of Letters. This was finished with a little bit of Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon (another product I wonder why it took me so long to get...) and a run on from the retired A Perfect Day rubons.

Earlier that week, Nerine had posted a card using an emblem made with the scallop edge punch. Using a 'scallop edge emblem' was the second challenge.

I had to make a card for a gorgeous 3 year old girl, so used the very girly colours in Makeesha's Inkspirations Colour Challenge #4 (but obviously didn't get it finished in time to enter that challenge).


I wheeled Perfectly Pretty in Sage Shadow on Whisper White card and coloured in the flowers with the blender pen and Rose Red and Regal Rose ink pads. The feature emblem was a base of Sage Shadow, edge in the same ink, layered with a scallop circle punch of Regal Rose, a 1 3/8" circle punch of Rose Red and a 1 1/4" circle punch of Whisper White. Once again, the number is from On Board Loads of Letters and was wheeled in Perfectly Pretty in Regal Rose before being covered in Dazzling Diamonds. The greeting is from Family Phrases, stamped in Rose Red and punched with the word window punch before being edged in Rose Red and adhered with Dimensionals.

Lucky me received my blog candy last week!!


Thanks so much Nerine! You made my day (and you know why in particular!!).

I think the next Virtual Night is the first Saturday in May, but head on over to Nerine's blog to check out more of her fabulous work!!

1 comment:

Nerine .P. said...

Your very welcome Natasha, I hope you have lots of fun with your 'stuff'