Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February Layout Swap

I've been wanting to post this for a while (and this is the one you've been waiting for Leah!!) but as it was for a swap, I wanted to wait until all had been received, which should be the case by now (plus, a friend in NSW told me she has hers now - hi Karen!).

The February swap was a layout one, using the layout of the middle card from page 85 of the current IB&C.



I used Elegant Notes which is a stamp set I fell in love with when the IB&C was released last year, but have only just ordered (and it's now being retired....). I am a muso from way back and this set made me think of my theory books!! But the treble and bass clefs are a lot nicer than my squiggles!! The background swirl is from Baroque Motifs, which is being continued - yay!! I have used the colours Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Very Vanilla, and have finished off with a couple of Antique Brass Brads from the Hodgepodge Hardware (another retiring product...) to echo the bass clef.

This is NOTHING like I originally had planned (think black and turquoise using Time Well Spent!) but I am really happy with how it turned out.

If you have also fallen in love with this set, or are in need of more hodgepodge, please contact me ASAP to place your order - products are running out fast.

No comments: