Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oops!!

As I clicked the link to enter my Harry card for Mel's challenge the other day, the phrase 'current SU product only' caught my eye - oops. So I made another one to meet the requirements.


This little cutie is for the girl I job share with (Hi Catherine!!), at the moment. She has just been introduced to the wonderful hobby that is SU!, and she has also just been successful in procuring another, more senior, position (no, it wasn't job sharing with me that made her apply for another job :-) ). I'm always so happy for people when they are offered the opportunity to reach their dreams. Well Done Catherine!!!
Anyways, she has fallen in love with cute little owl stamps, and the sentiment from this little fellow in Celebrate Everyday is just perfect. I stamped the image and phrase in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla, and used the word window punch for the phrase. I used blender pens, Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel ink for the owl (and a touch of Yoyo Yellow for the beak) and after cutting him out, distressed him a little bit to make it look like he has 'feathers'. I created the tree with Close to Cocoa card which I wet and bent and scraped a bit with my nail (very technical!!) to make it look more like a tree. The leaves are from In the Spotlight - Old Olive stamped on Old Olive and Gable Green and randomly placed. All this was placed on Summer Picnic DSP, the phrase was attached with Aged Brass eyelets and all was attached to a Love Note. I'm giving this to Catherine in about 20 minutes... so we'll see what she thinks!!

Also, I have just finished something I have been working on for my sister, but am not sure if she reads this or not, so have to wait and see when I can post it......

2 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

I think this card is just sooooo cute Natasha!

Carol Dunstan said...

very cute - gotta love that owl