Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Giraffe for Baby Harry

The owner/director of Luana's childcare centre had a baby boy yesterday morning, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to pull out my card and stamp stash - especially since I didn't do anything last week. I also wanted to participate in Mel and Makeesha's latest challenges, and thought I could make something to fit all 3. Here 'tis



Mel's latest challenge was to use distressing and include at least 1 eyelet, and Makeesha's was this sketch challenge.

The Summer Picnic DSP provided the colour inspiration for this one; Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Pumkpin Pie and Whisper White. I originally wanted to use the elephant from Wild About You but he was facing the wrong way, so the giraffe it was! Bashful Blue of course for boys. I used the very technical technique of tracing around whatever circular object looked right for the circles, and distressed the bigger one. I wheeled Nursery Letters in Bashful Blue, distressed the edges too and mounted it on Old Olive. I attached Bashful Blue ribbon to Old Olive cardstock using Aged Brass eyelets and stamped Harry with Pure and Simple Upper Alphabet (retired) in Pumpkin Pie and ran the letters through the Xyron to help tham stick to the ribbon.

The photo I have seen of Harry looks so cute, so we're looking forward to meeting him in the flesh (as are all the other kids in the centre!!)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

How cute! Great colours.

Anonymous said...

Oh Natasha, That is just soooooo cute! I love the popped up Giraffe, and the name at the bottome gives such a special touch. THanks so much for playing again, you rock! Have a great week,
Love Keesh x

Mandy Schiller said...

This is a really cute card Natasha!