Friday, November 28, 2008

From One Sister to Another

As you may be aware from previous posts, my sister and her fiancee (sorry, my French is appalling so not sure if that's spelled correctly) announced their engagement in July, and it has taken me a long time to create the right card for them. I wanted something just 'perfect' and it took forever for me to get the colours she was thinking of out of her..... I can post this now too as I have given it to them.

Cristy has decided that she wants light/dusty pink and silver, so I thought Pretty in Pink would meet the challenge. I have used the flourish from Baroque Motifs, stamped in Pretty in Pink on Whisper White for the panels and mounted these on brushed silver. On the larger panel I embossed a swirl in silver and on the smaller embossed 'wonderful' from Wonderful Favourites. To finish it off, I silver embossed the heart from Always in the Spring Mini. I'm rather happy with the result (!) and Cristy loved it too!!

Because Cristy is my only sister, I wanted to make something a little special just for her from me at this special time, so I made a Wedding Planning album for her.

Once again I used the flourish from Baroque Motifs stamped in Pretty in Pink and silver embossed on Berry Bliss DSP. I mounted one of my favourite photos of Cristy and Brad on Whisper White and it's really hard to see, but added an Eastern Elegance rub-on (just under the photo on the left). For the spine, I repeated the flourish so it's easy for Cristy to pick out on the bookshelf!!

Inside, I kept all 8 pages the same - Whisper white, stamped with Soft Sky, Sage Shadow and Silver Encore in the bottom corner (Sky and Sage because Cristy wants a sand ceremony with Mum and Brad Mum's favourite colours - blue and green), and Pretty in Pink in the top corner. I used round tab punch for the tabs, stamped with a bit of the flourish and wrote on them with silver pen. I was really happy with the end result!

Last but not least, I made a little Love Note to go with the planner with a special message just for Cristy - same colours as the card and the same flourish, and the 'always' is from Always too.

I really am happy with how this all turned out and couldn't wait to give it to Cristy - we have a wedding to plan now in a just a few months!!!

2 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

This is a lovely idea Natasha and everything is so beautiful, Thank you for showing us this.

Anonymous said...

Natasha
Thanks for sharing your lovely card and album. I'm sure your sister will be thrilled, they are both beautiful.
Dani
Katherine