Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mel's Farewell Demo Night

For those of you who read Mel's blog, you know she is about to embark on a new chapter in her life, so I organised a last get together for the demos in our area to have a bit of fun and say seeya (because hopefully we'll catch up at convention next year). We had a great night, and did not realise it was so late - the true sign of good company and a good night!

Here are the cards I made especially for the night:


I made this one just because I wanted to use the scallop circle punch with the large 'flower' from In the Spotlight (inspired by 2 entries in Mel's punch challenge -Karen and Leah (I think, sorry if I have it wrong), I really like the double panel look I've been seeing a lot lately (sorry, too many people to credit here) and I wanted to use colours I really haven't used much, but it actually ended up looking a bit Christmassy. I was quite happy with the effect, but Paul really doesn't like Cameo Coral... It's a bit hard to tell, but the 'flower' has been stamped on the bottom layer in Cameo Coral too, and the top 'flower' with petals has been layered off-center to it. Dimensionals also lift the diamond off the card.
Stamps: In the Spotlight (Level 2 Hostess Set)
Card: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Old Olive
Other: Scallop Circle punch, Pretties Kit (rhinestone brad; thanks Kylie!!)

I made this card in response to Nerine's request to learn how to make the shirt - it really is so cute!! I ended up googling 'origami shirt' for printable instructions and found this link to have the clearest: http://members.tripod.com/cecilia_liu/shirt.htm although there are a few out there (including videos, but I am on dial up still...) and I know some blogs also have links. We used a 4" x 6" paper (more similar to the 1 dollar bill instructions I guess), and folded down the top approx 1cm/1/2" in Step 3. This card I photographed was actually my second attempt this time - I must have had beginners luck when I made the first one with Helene!! Can't really use this for Paul's birthday now as he's seen it though....

Stamps: Sanded, A Little Birthday Cheer

Card: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand

Ink: Versamark, Really Rust

Other: Spring Showers DSP (even though it's not in the current catalogue, it can be ordered)

My week as a lady of leisure has ended :-( and I am helping out at Paul's work this week, and start a new job the next - yay!! I also have a 300 word assignment due (which I've already requested an extension on), so I am not sure how much I'll be getting on here in the next few weeks. I still have a few things up my sleeve (including a Squash Book I did this week!!) so I'll see what I can work out!!

Good luck Mel! We'll miss you!!!

No comments: