Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Father's Day is around the corner

Father's Day is one of those events that always seems to creep up on me. I tried to keep on the ball this year, but still only managed to send my cards down South today. Dad and Grandad aren't very computer savvy, so I can post these with confidence.

My last trip to Darwin, my friend Helene (who, incidentally, needs a blog!) introduced me to these cute origami shirts. I am sure I saw a tutorial at one stage on Splitcoast, but couldn't for the life of me find it when we went looking for it, and I'm sorry but I can't remember the author of the blog she found the instructions on. We whipped up one each (Helene far quicker than me!) and have used them for our Father's Day cards. This one is for my Dad.

Stamp: All Year Cheer II (retired), Seeing Spots
Card: Brocade Blue, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive
Other: So Saffron Prints DSP (retired), unknown buttons

I adore my Grandad and always try to do something just a bit special when I make cards for him. I'm not actually sure if he likes horses, but he used to work for RM Williams so I'm sure there's some connection there. I used the cracked glass technique for the main image (which hasn't come up brilliantly on the photo). This was my favourite of the cards I made for this year.

Stamps: All Year Cheer II (retired), Bareback
Card: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Other: Apple Cider DSP, UTEE, Clear embossing powder

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

1 comment:

Nerine .P. said...

Natasha, the little shirt is soooo cute and the horse card looks great. If I'm extra specially nice to you can you show me how to make the little shirts....please....pretty please :)