Monday, April 14, 2008

Time to be Happy

I finally found some time on the weekend to have a play with my new stamp sets - and I needed to make a couple of cards too (any excuse!). My current favourite set is Garden Whimsy which I had to include on my first order, and playing with it just confirmed it's place as at the top! Here's a card based on the one I made for a friend of mine's birthday:
I decided to branch out a bit here and use Pretty in Pink as the card base (even though Luana wears a lot of light pink - it's not actually a colour I usually like). I also used Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla card. The patterned panels are using the background stamp Paisley with Pale Plum (you can't really see it, but the small square is 'thumped' with Mellow Moss Stampin' Write Marker). The background of the other two panels is 'dragged' with Mellow Moss ink. The tulip was coloured with Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum markers, and the phrase was also Perfect Plum. The little butterfly is Pretty in Pink 'thumped' with Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum.

This is something a bit different to what I have done before, so I hope you like it. I haven't given the other card (I used Enchante DSP from the Summer Mini instead of the Paisley panels) to my friend yet, so I don't know what she thinks of it!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

It's beautiful Natasha! I too will be ordering Garden Whimsy very soon. I've seen so many beautiful cards made with it and you've just added another one.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Tash,
Lovely to see you have already used your new order! And how lovely it looks, too!

Missing you!

Mel Hanlon