Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Masculine Birthday Offering

I hope you have been having a great week, mine seems to have flown. We were up in Darwin over the weekend, which always puts a different spin on the week following, but I was also home with a not-100% little person on Monday so had an ever shorter working week than usual. This weekend is a long one for us too; we have a wedding on Saturday and the circus is in town so we'll see if we get to that - Luana's not all that keen to go at the moment.

This week Makeesha's Inskpiration Challenge is an Inspiration one and my intial instinct was masculine and stripes. I do love the colours in this bedding set too - I reckon I could get Paul to agree to that for our room!!


True to my intial instincts, I decided to make a card for my cousin who celebrates his 22nd birthday next week. I've gone with the stripes, but have also drawn inspiration from the diamond shape in the doona cover, the layered pillows, the black pillow and the silver handles of the wardrobe, and of course the lovely colours - I used Basic Grey, Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa and Tempting Turquoise.

The stripe across the card reflects quite closely the stripe across the bottom of the doona cover; I've used the small 'happy birthday' from Big Bold Birthday for the thin black stripe. I decided to slightly layer the diamonds over the stripe to emulate the pile of pillows on the bed, and I kept the black diamonds plain, just like the little black pillow in the middle of the pile. The present reflects the small turquoise pillow with white detail and the silver bow links in with the silver on the wardrobe.

A bit different to what I had originally thought, but I think my cousin will like it!



Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
Card: Basic Grey, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Basic Grey Patterns (Level 1 Hostess Set)
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Other: 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, silver cord (retired)


No comments: