Sunday, June 14, 2009

Birthday Crocodile

I love the colours Kristina has chosen this week - funnily enough a few weeks ago I actually started (and still haven't finished) a scrapbook page with almost the same colour scheme, except at the moment I have Pixie Pink instead of Sky Blue.

I think Luana missed out having a boring grey carseat!! I thought these colours would work well for a kids birthday card, so made one for a little man turning 1 in July.

My original thought (in the wee hours of the morning when Luana decided to wake up...) was to have 2 or 3 balloons, but then I thought 1 would be more symbolic for a 1st birthday. The balloon was stamped in Versamark, then Pumpkin Pie then clear embossed to give the shiny effect of a real balloon. The balloon was tied to the crocodile's tail using silver cord, and the rest is pretty self explanatory.


I'm looking forward to popping this in the post in a few weeks!

Stamps: Wild About You, Big Bold Birthday, All Year Cheer II (retired)
Card: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Whisper White
DSP: Spring Silhouettes (retired), Summer Picnic (retired)
Ink: Taken with Teal, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Accessories: silver cord (retired), white gel pen

5 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

that's so sweet

Detalles Handmade said...

Great card Natasha!

Anonymous said...

hi Natasha so cute this is!!!! Your alli and my nessie should get together!LOL Have a good day!

Maureen P said...

Love how you used the colours for this week's challenge :)

Francis Civira said...

Great card! I love it!
Congrats and thanks for sharing!