Sunday, March 30, 2008

Last Workshop for 2007-2008 IB&C

Yesterday I held my last workshop for the current (for only another 2 days) Idea Book and Catalogue. However, the card we ended up making used stamp sets from the Summer Mini - which also finishes 31st March.

We used the Bud Basics stamp set (which I don't have to put into mothballs - yay!!) and Small Sayings. The flowers in the main panel used the masking technique. Colours were inspired by the Celebration Spectrum pad I used for Joseph's Coat in a previous post; card used was Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, Green Galore and Whisper White, and ink used was Lovely Lilac, Brilliant Blue, Pink Passion and Green Galore. I used the horizontal slot punch to make my 'poor man's hodgepodge' for the saying and threaded sliver organdy ribbon through it. True to my current phase of movable parts - the saying slides along the ribbon to wherever you think it looks best at the time.

The ladies (and young man) at the workshop came up with some great variations - thanks for a great workshop Rebecca!!

No comments: