Saturday, August 21, 2010

Helping Hudson Challenge 7 - Sketch


This week is the final week for the Helping Hudson fundraiser and I was so pleased to read today that Hudson will receive his KidWalker!!!

I've played along with all three challenges this week (and am putting my entries in by the skin of my teeth). This first one was a sketch challenge, which I paired with the current Just Add Ink Colour Challenge.
My very first thought when I saw these colours was Christmas, so I decided to run with it, but I did add a bit of Very Vanilla....

I have used the lovely Snow Swirled set, with the Real Red tree as the feature. I added some sparkle with Dazzling Diamonds, but that hasn't come up well in the photo (will try to take a better one tomorrow morning). I also stamped off some snowflakes after inking them up with Chocolate Chip ink for the background. The panel was edged with Chocolate Chip ink and mounted on the same cardstock, and a greeting and some Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon finished the job!

I have two more posts tonight, but well done the the Helping Hudson team!!

Thanks for visiting.


Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Other: Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds

5 comments:

Genna said...

Wow, you were cutting it close with your lovely card Natasha! Great work. Thanks so much for playing and for all the lovely things you said in your post!

Belinda said...

Great christmas card!

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, I love this set. And I love how you've used it with the HH layout. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Jodene said...

Beautiful card Natasha! Great job combining the challenges together too :)

Claire said...

Lovely Christmas card Natasha. I like the background stamping especially.