Thursday, August 12, 2010

For Dad


Hiya All,

I'm so sorry it has been so long since my last post; with interstate courses, being sick, celebrating a little person's birthday, having visitors and reorganising lots of bits and pieces I haven't had much time to stamp (and if I have, I haven't had the time to photograph it then blog!). So, hopefully what I post tonight will be worth the wait....

I thought I'd missed out on last weeks Inkspirations Colour Challenge, but was quietly pleased to find out today it had been extended a week. I took Keesh's advice and made a Father's Day card for my Dad (even though I have a heap of July birthday cards and welcome baby cards that need to be made) - and he was sitting across the table from me while I was making it :)


I wove strips of faux suede cardstock in Close to Cocoa and Not Quite Navy for the base of the greeting from Greetings Eight, which was stamped in More Mustard and mounted on the same. The More Mustard panel at the bottom of the card was dampened, scrunched a bit and sponged to add texture before being paper pierced around the edge. I even decorated the inside of this one too!!


So, here are a few pics of what I have been up to over the last few weeks....
Luana celebrated her fourth birthday with a ladybug themed party (invites and card to come in a later post).


We took Mum and Dad out exploring the East MacDonnell Ranges and we had a great time at Emily Gap and Trephina Gorge:

Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Greeting Eight
Card: Not Quite Navy, Kraft, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
DSP: Urban Oasis
Ink: More Mustard
Other: Paper Piercer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Launa. Hope you had lots of fun at your party.

I must be great having your Mum & dad visiting. I love the woven faux suede stips on your Dad's card. Well done with the challenge.

KimB said...

Hi Natasha,

definitely worth the wait! I really like how you sueded and wove the strips of cardstock- really great idea and awesome end effect.

Kim