Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Spring Mini Swap

Thought I'd better make another appearance for this month so it's not an absolute washout :)

I was involved in a Spring Mini swap with a great group of girls in August - although I was only able to post my swaps mid-September due to our life being thrown into chaos.... Here's what I put together:

In these swaps I like to try and use a stamp set that may be one of the 'outsiders' - you know the ones that are great, but not everyone immediately falls in love with them. So for this one I used Introducing. I love it because I am expecting a little niece or nephew in November and will use it to make announcements for my sister, but it also has some classic invite stamps (I also used it for Luana's invitations this year). I also fell in love with the giant cupcake that is Simple Birthday Thanks, and thought I could show that it can be used for more than a thank you....

Quite straight forward - a little bit of masking (to take 'off' the thank you writing), a little bit of paper piecing - the chocolate dots are courtesy of the crop-o-dile - and a little bit of glitter.

The other swaps I've received have been great too - thank you for swapping with me!!


Stamps: Introducing, Simple Birthday Thanks
Card: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose
Other: Crop-o-dile, Chunky Glitter, toothpick (non SU!), Tombo glue pen, sticky strip, glue dots

No comments: